Whether it’s night shift, early shift or even an afternoon shift, working 24/7 is certainly hazardous on your health – particularly when you’re wondering around like a zombie thanks to a life of constant sleep-deprivation.
So in times of a much-needed pick me up, have you ever reached into the refrigerator for some chocolate only to feel guilty afterwards?
Well have I got some good news for you!
Try these Raw Cacao Chocolate Treats With Coconut Flakes as they will not only give you energy, but they’re actually good for you too.
(Yes that is not a misprint!) Let me explain why.
Cacao is the seed of an Amazonian fruit tree which is the main ingredient found in chocolate. Often referred to by the Ancient Mayan and Aztec civilisation as “the food of the gods”, raw cacao has many health benefits including:
* A high source of magnesium which helps balance brain chemistry and build strong bones
* Increases energy, focus and alertness
* Helps to diminish appetite
* Contains no sugar
* Touted as the number one source of antioxidants of any food on the planet!
So how do you make these wickedly good for you treats? Quite simply and easily using the following recipe below:
1/2 cup pure raw chocolate cacao nibs
1/2 cup cacao powder
3/4 cup almonds
1 tbsp. coconut butter
1/4 cup agave syrup
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tbsp. organic coconut flakes
1. Throw everything into a high performance food processor and blend until thick.
2. Press firmly and flatten onto plate
3. Allow to set in freezer for 45 minutes
4. Break into small pieces and store in freezer until ready to eat!
Note: These treats are incredibly addictive so best not have too many before bed time!