Today’s post is going to be a little different to my normal posts as I’m going to head off track a bit – well it may appear that way anyway.
You see I want to talk to you today about Focus.
Because it’s been said that in life, you get what you focus on.
And this applies to anything – from a new job, to winning an award, acquiring wealth – absolutey anything.
But the key here is appreciation.
You have to appreciate what you do have in your life right now, instead of focusing on and complaining about what you don’t have.
So many people just focus and talk about all of the negative things that are happening in their lives without realising that by doing so, they are actually attracting more of these negative things.
Well if you’ve ever heard of the Law of Attraction, then you will be familiar with the following statement: “Like attracts like”.
Now let me demonstrate by sharing with you My Story and some of the things that I have focused on in my own personal life …
1. I always wanted to move to Queensland and live in a Queenslander style house overlooking a cane farm – I now live in a Queensland in a Queenslander style house (although it may not be overlooking a cane farm, it’s still pretty close!)
2. I always wanted to work in the airline industry – 17 years on and I’m still going strong!
3. I always wanted to travel – I’ve visited 21 countries so far, all of which have been for pleasure and not for work.
4. I always wanted to get married in my 30’s – I got engaged on my 30th birthday and married one year later.
5. I have always wanted to publish a book – this is in progress so stay tuned …
A bit spooky isn’t it? And to be honest I didn’t put the two and two together (my focus and what I had attracted into my life) until I actually sat down and thought about it … some few years later.
So my reason for sharing this with you today is that I wanted to demonstrate to you that quite literally what you focus on, will come about if you just stay focused.
Appreciate and be grateful for what is in your life right now, and you will attract more of this and in turn, more to be thankful for.
P.S. – So take a few minutes to sit down and have a look at what you’ve wanted to achieve in your life, and then compare it to what you’ve actually achieved so far. It might actually freak you out a little bit because the Universe and the Law of Attraction certainly works in mysterious ways …