This week we’re chatting with Dr Nadine Hamilton, a psychologist, author and leading authority in veterinary wellbeing based on the Gold Coast. She is the owner of Positive Psych Solutions, a boutique psychology practise that specialises in supporting the health and wellbeing of veterinary and wildlife professionals, and author of the best-selling book “Coping with Stress and Burnout as a Veterinarian”.
Nadine’s passion for the industry led her to set up Love Your Pet Love Your Vet – a registered charity designed to raise awareness about the issues within the veterinary industry.
I absolutely loved talking with Nadine in this episode – she has an absolute heart of gold and her devotion to this industry is nothing short of inspiring!
Some of the things we talk about include:
- Why there’s such a high incidence of burnout and suicide in the veterinarian industry.
- The 5 biggest driving factors contributing to these statistics based on Nadine’s doctoral research.
- What can be done to reduce these high suicide rates?
- What led Nadine to set up the charity Love Your Pet, Love Your Vet.
- Nadine’s Top 3 tips for coping with some of the emotional trauma currently surrounding Australia’s unprecedented bushfires.
- Details on a wellbeing conference coming up on March 21-22 in beautiful Kingscliff, NSW, specifically for veterinary professionals.
Links mentioned on the podcast:
Reach Out Wellbeing Conference in Kingscliff, NSW: 21-22 March 2020
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Please note: I reserve the right to delete comments that are offensive or off-topic.